Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year Resolutions

I'm feeling connected to the larger world through this blog thing. I'm not discussing blogging with the bridge group or the flower ladies at the Church or even Maurice at the Cut n' Curl. This is my business and I don't want anyone to tell me what I can and cannot do at my age.

If you aren't limiting yourself, someone else will. We get stuck where other people put us and don't try new things.

New Year, new things could be my motto for 2009.

I'm not trying sky-diving or getting one of those pictures on my skin but I will do new things. Maybe I just won't talk about them to the people who think I'm stuck in Senior Citizen-ville wondering where I'll buy my next set of rubber caps for my cane. Walgreens or CVS?

My favorite New Year resolutions are: trust God and forgive more.

I have those every year, I don't quite get them accomplished. Thank God for new years and the breath to get through each day.

Reminds me somehow of what Annie Grace Lipton said to me when I was taking dancing lessons from Bubba Gross at the Quonset hut back in public school:

"Be pretty if you can, Cute if you must, but be nice if it kills you."

Behind all my resolutions, this one stands next to Trust God and Forgive More.

6 comments:

  1. Annie Grace Lipton was wise.

    I can still do the time steps Miss Hickman taught me 45 years ago, but I would rather have learned them from Bubba Gross in the Quonset hut. Happy new yEAR, AUNT bOSTICK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Aunt Bostick
    I think those are teh best NY resolutions I've ever come across...may I borrow them too? Thank you - and I'm so happy you've decided to blog.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Happy New Year to you Aunt Bostick!!! I'm so delighted to see that you have your own blog now. You have so much wisdom to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging, Aunt Bostick! and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you and my mother ought to get together and talk about rubber tips for canes.

    ReplyDelete